Popular Posts

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Walking with Dinosaurs


This review may contain spoilers.

How to ruin a beloved television series by BBC Films was probably the alternative title for this film. I would give Walking with Dinosaurs a 3/10.

The one thing that can be said about Walking with Dinosaurs is that it does animation in a way that is so incredible and well detailed that I feel it is definitely opening a doorway to more immersive animated films in the future.

However the pacing is slow for a kids film and I quickly grew bored. The plot was very basic and could have been written by someone with a primary school education. The characters were basically profiled and made little attempt to break stereotype. This film gave up a serious path with any degree of facts for cheap jokes delivered by a hispanic prehistoric bird. I also noticed one animation glitch when the camera was following a bug so I was unimpressed with that.

Normally I would have put something about the cast but none of them were any good. The only member of the cast I expected more from was Karl Urban, who played Uncle Zack, and quite like these dinosaurs seemed to be seeking to make his career extinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment